Phaser pedals are electronic pedals that are set to carry the bass beats at particular intervals. Music is being made electronically here. You do not have to take a seat on a drum set and hit on the bass drum if you have a phaser pedal. You just need to connect the phaser pedal to your amplifier and set it to generate the bass beats at the beloved interval. You need to tune the bass beats to the rhythm of the music you will be playing. The beat phaser pedals are used in live concert and in music recording studios.
There are various types of phaser pedals available on the market. Getting the best one among the various types might not be a very easy task. Many people would not be familiar with what to look for in a great phaser pedal, especially if they have never used one. You might have been wondering, what is the best phaser pedal? Now you do not have to worry anymore. Because we took our time to discover various phaser pedals out there on the market. And we compiled one of the best phaser pedal reviews. The review will highlight the respective features of the phaser pedals as well as their pros and cons.
The MXR M101 Phase 90 phase pedal is a simple but very efficient phaser pedal. The phaser pedal offers a multiplicity of settings that you can use depending on the kind of music involved. The Phase 90 also provides smooth, watery effects to chords and muted strumming. Take note that it is not just confined to guitar, the Phase 90 fares equally well on bass, keyboards, or vocals.
- 9V Batteries Required, best with Polaroid 9V Batteries.
- Rich, warm analog tone
- Add shimmery velocity and dramatic swooshing to your tone
- The timeless phase shifter used on many classic recordings
The MXR M101 Phase 90 is not left behind as far as what a great phaser pedal is. It might be nowhere close to the eventual phaser pedal, but it delivers a good performance. It is one of the best mini phaser pedals. Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: “Works great and wonderful seller”, “Simple pedal with simply great sound”, “Love it”, “I love the sound of this phase shiftier”, “This is the real deal”.
The Behringer Vintage Phaser Vp1 is the simplest and cheapest phaser pedal you can obtain. The pedal just offers the basic identical interval beats setting. It is a great option if you are on a tight budget. Traditional to the core, the VP1 gives you just a single rate knob plus a very cool Tone switch, which lets you invert the polarity of the effect. See below some of VP1’s features.
- Authentic and classic three-dimensional phase shifting—from rapid rotary speaker to impressive jet plane effects
- This BEHRINGER product has been designed to compete for head to head with leading products on the market
- Dedicated Rate control and separate Color switch for fine-tuning of effects speed and tone
- Status LED for effect on/off
- True hard-wire bypass for ultimate signal integrity
The Behringer Vintage Phaser Vp1 is one of the best phaser pedal if you do not have that big of a budget to spend for one. You will get a basic bass beat without digging too deep into your pocket. It is one of the best an inexpensive phaser pedals. Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: “Sounds just like a small stone.”, “Pretty good for cheap af”, “Outstanding”, “his thing is awesome, great phaser”, “Low-Cost Option for Adding some Cool Effects”.
The EarthQuaker Devices Grand Orbiter is a top-rated phaser pedal with a multiplicity of settings. You will discover a beat setting for almost all kinds of music on the phaser pedal. It is one of the best phaser pedals in the review. See below some of it’s features.
- Controls: Resonance, Rate, Depth, Sweep, Rate 1/2/3 Switching, Phase/Vibrato Switching
- The Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter Phase Machine V3 is exactly that: a phase machine.
- This 4-stage, OTA-based filter can do it all. Stationary and resonant, slow and mellow, fast and swirly- whatever you want, just switch the Rate toggle, dial it in and the Phase Machine delivers.
The EarthQuaker Devices Grand Orbiter is a four-stage OTA-based phaser with a diverse feature set that is capable of switching to different states like from stationary and resonant to slow and mellow and on through fast and swirly. This is a great phaser pedal.
EVH 90 features the all-new Script switch which allows you to instantly toggle between a vintage, “Script Logo” phase tone to a more modern, in-your-face “Block Logo” phaser. In addition to that, the EVH 90 features the greatest graphics in the history of rock: the red, white, and black stripes from Eddie’s legendary Frankenstein. See below some of its features.
- Grab a piece of Eddie’s magic with the MXR EVH 90—a collaboration between Eddie Van Halen and Dunlop
- Instantly toggle between a vintage, “Script Logo” phase tone and a more modern “Block Logo” phaser
- EVH 90 sports the greatest graphics in the history of rock: the red, white, and black stripes from Eddie’s legendary Frankenstein guitar
- Please refer user manual attached under product details for instructions and troubleshooting steps.
The EVH 90 pays its tribute to the legendary guitarist who first rocked our ears on his debut album in 1978. Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: ” Great Phase Shifter”, “Excellent”, “This thing is awesome!!”, “One of the best MXR pedals ever made”, “Great Phaser”, “Simple, effective, clean, does what it’s supposed …”.
- Features true bypass wiring, quality components
- Replicates sound of phaser guitar effect of the 70’s and ’80s
- Simple design and pedal interface comes with 9V battery
The JF-06 Vintage Phase pedal can be called as a modern replica of the pedal that made Eddie Van Halen’s sound! Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: “Good Sound – Worth the Money”, “Sounds like a boutique pedal at a small price!”, “Dollar for dollar this is one of the best pedal purchases I have ever made”, “The monster rock tone!”, “Ear Candy!”.
KOKKO FPH2 Phaser Mini Electric Guitar Effect Pedal Warm Analog Phase Effect Sound Processor True Bypass Guitar Accessories
- EFFECTS – Warm analog phase effect. True bypass.
- EASY TO CONTROL – Mix Knob flexibly adjusts the mixing ratio of phase effect and original sound.
- LED INDICATOR – The LED indicator shows the status of effect. No battery, Powered by AC adapter(not included).
- ANTI SKID – Rubber pads on the backside is anti-skid, which enhances the stability and avoids friction.
- REALIABLE QUALITY – High quality by aluminum alloy which is durable and have a classic mini size brings you a musical feast.True bypass design-minimizes tone loss and get more control of your pedal
The KOKKO FPH2 Phaser is a true bypass design-minimizes tone loss and get more control of your pedal. It has a fully sealed dust-proof potentiometer and stainless steel panel and metal shell to ensure a long service life.
- Cutoff rotary control
- Resonance rotary control
- Envelope Amount rotary control
- Mix rotary control
- Drive rotary control
Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: “Great sound!”, “Envelope follower is a nice addition. Drive provides a nice warm analog distortion …”, “Best pedal EVER”, “Five Stars”, “Instant Daft Punk! Imagination required”.
- Combines MXR’s most iconic phase circuits in a single mini housing
- About half the footprint of a standard MXR pedal
- 45/90 switch toggles between Phase 45 and Phase 90 circuits
- Script removes feedback for a subtler vintage sound
MXR knows phasers. MXR has combined two of the most-used phaser pedals ever made in the MXR Mini Phase 95 pedal. The first one or the original Phase 90 pedal was a four-stage phaser and the Phase 45 that succeeded followed was a two-stage phaser that delivered a smoother sound and blended better with certain music styles. The Phase 95 may be small in size but do not judge that because it is actually full of rich phase tones. Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: “The History of MXR Phase Shifters in One Great Pedal”, “This is THE PHASER to get if you’re looking for creamy and spacey phasing sounds”, “that classic sound I was missing”, “all the same as expectation.”, “Perfect! Four variations. Buy this now!”.
- Amazing range of high-quality phaser tones
- TonePrint enabled – for a world of signature and customizable effects
- Stereo I/O
- True of Buffered Bypass
TC Electronic is not like your traditional phaser pedals. It comes with a dedicated DSP to fuel a wide range of nuanced phaser effects. Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: “Very nice flanger pedal.”, “Fantastic phaser! Doesn’t muddy sound, has Mix knob that really goes to zero”, “swoosh and swirl”, “Stellar pedal. I can get the script phaser sound …”, “Amazing Phaser!”.
- Power requirements are 9VDC
- Power requirements are 9VDC
The Walrus Audio Vanguard was designed to create evolving beds of sound that is ranging from thick and sweeping harmonics to symphonic tidal waves. Here are some of the reviews received in Amazon: “effects quality is great, build quality is impeccable”, “best phaser ever made”.
Phaser Pedal Buying Guide
The reviews above are meant to provide you a better picture of what a great phaser pedal is all about. Before you narrow down to any of the above phaser pedals, you need to think a few factors. The factors include;
- Sound Quality
The only reason you would purchase a phaser pedal is to make sure you have great effects and beats included in your music. Therefore, you need one that can create a great sound quality. Take time to analyze the phaser pedal and make sure it produces warm and rich sounding effects.
The phaser pedals of above have different prices. Thus, you can only get the phaser pedal that you can afford to pay for. Take time to discover the various phaser pedals that are within your budget and get the best one between them. You should be able to acquire the best phaser pedal for your money’s worth.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you finally decide on your best-suited phaser pedal. Shopping for the best phaser pedal should no longer be difficult. It should be fun. Get one of these phaser pedals and add wonderful effects to your music.
Related Post :
by CNS Digital Marketing